See photos (5)

EGLISE PAROISSIALE NOTRE-DAME-DE-LA-BARTHE

Religious building at Saint-Chinian
Opening hours and services not guaranteed
  • Built on the site where the chapel of the same name stood, mentioned in the 9th century, it replaced the original parish church located outside the walls of Saint-Cels. It was a modest size to begin with. It was damaged on several occasions during the Wars of Religion (1568-1578). It was subsequently rebuilt and extended between 1582 and 1695. During this rebuilding programme the church grew to its current size.
    Inside: Organ from the end of the 18th century credited to J. B. Micot...
    Built on the site where the chapel of the same name stood, mentioned in the 9th century, it replaced the original parish church located outside the walls of Saint-Cels. It was a modest size to begin with. It was damaged on several occasions during the Wars of Religion (1568-1578). It was subsequently rebuilt and extended between 1582 and 1695. During this rebuilding programme the church grew to its current size.
    Inside: Organ from the end of the 18th century credited to J. B. Micot consisting of 1,919 pipes, 100 of them at the front, and listed as a historical monument in 1976.
Openings
Opening hours and services not guaranteed
Openings
  • All year